Выставка «Воплощение мечты. И.В. Цветаев и Ю.С. Нечаев-Мальцов»

10.09.2013 – 31.05.2014

Ivan Tsvetaev Educational Art Museum

Archpriest Alexey Petrovich Maltsev (1854–1915) was a prior of the church of the Russian embassy in Berlin from 1886 till 1914. While he was holding this post, Maltsev translated Orthodox liturgical books from Russian into German. These translations are still being used today. He was also the author of books on philosophy and education. He was instrumental in the publication of certain religious newsletters and magazines as well.

Maltsev was a knight of various orders of the Russian Empire: these included all the awards which could be conferred on members of the secular clergy. He was also a knight of various orders of certain European countries. Maltsev was made a hereditary member of the nobility in 1898.

He was born into the family of an archpriest in the Yaroslavl province of Russia in 1854. Maltsev graduated from the Yaroslavl Seminary and then the St. Petersburg Theological Academy in 1878 He married Ekaterina Krylova (1861–1889) and had four children. He died in 1915 in Kislovodsk and was buried in the Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg.

Archpriest Alexey Petrovich Maltsev founded the Brotherhood of St. Vladimir in Berlin in 1890. The Brotherhood is the oldest Russian benevolent society in Germany. Eminent representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church, the Russian aristocracy and the Romanov dynasty, diplomats, bankers and famous citizens of Russia were members of the Brotherhood. Some Russian Orthodox churches were opened in Germany by Alexey Maltsev and other members.

The Museum of Russian History abroad in the House named after Emperor Alexander III in Berlin-Tegel was founded by Alexey Maltsev in 1897. The collection includes paintings, prints, religious items, various documents, coins and medals. The museum was open to visitors during 18 years. Archpriest Maltsev had to leave Germany after the beginning of World War I. In 1914 the Brotherhood suspended its activity. The museum was thought to have been lost.

Maltsev entrusted the numismatic collection of the Museum to the family of Oscar Kvaas. His daughter, Elizabeth Kvaas, a citizen of West Berlin, donated the collection to the USSR in 1956. Since that time it has been held in the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts.

 

SATELLITE WEBSITES
 Pictures
 List

Portal Homepage

www.arts-museum.ru

Japanese prints of the 18th-19th century

www.japaneseprints.ru

Patrons of the New Art

www.artmaecenas.ru

Gallery of 19th and 20th century European and American Art

www.newpaintart.ru

German Prints: Albrecht Dürer and his Teachers

www.germanprints.ru

Official online shop

www.artsmuseumshop.ru

Department of Private Collections

www.artprivatecollections.ru

Ivan Tsvetaev Educational Art Museum at Russian State University for the Humanities

Site under development

Виртуальные прогулки по музею

www.virtual.arts-museum.ru

Coins And Medals Department

www.coins-and-medals.ru

Sviatoslav Richter Memorial Apartment

www.sviatoslav-richter.ru

Технология виртуальной реальности VR

www.vr.arts-museum.ru

Museum Restoration and Conservation Department

www.museumconservation.ru

Italian Painting in 8th-20th centuries

www.italian-art.ru

Музей. Пространство внимания

www.heatmap.arts-museum.ru

Museyon Center for Aesthetic Education

www.museyon.ru

Masterpieces of Ancient Art

www.antic-art.ru

Человек как птица. Образы путешествий

www.venice.arts-museum.ru

18th-19th Century British Engraving

www.britishprints.ru

Restoration of Egyptian burial shroud. II-nd c. AD.

www.shroud.arts-museum.ru

Each satellite website contains this icon, which lets you go to any satellite from the museum's website system.

Engraving in Russia in 18th and Early 19th Centuries

www.russianprints.ru

Museum Quarter

www.quarter.arts-museum.ru